Performance testing is the process of understanding how the application behaves under various levels of load. In general, we measure latency, throughput, and utilization while simulating virtual users to simultaneously access the application. One of the main performance objectives of an application is to maintain the environment with low latency, high throughput, and low utilization.
Scope of Performance Testing
Parameters Measured During Performance Testing
- Response time of end-to-end transaction
- Performance of application server components under various loads
- Performance of the database components under various loads
- Performance of system resources under various loads.
- Network delay between the server and clients